In order to provide the demand of various segments, Hewlett Packard (HP) to produce PC desktop for gaming. One of them via ENVY Phoenix Desktop 860-001d. Desktop PCs for gaming is equipped with the latest Intel platform as well as powerful graphics cards from NVIDIA.
HP ENVY Phoenix is equipped with an Intel Core i7-6700 LGA1151 motherboards based on chipset Intel Z170. This product comes with DDR4 main memory capacity of 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) running in dual channel. Overall there are four latches RAM and you can increase capacity up to 64 GB of RAM.
Graphics performance is supported by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 GB GDDR5 with second generation Maxwell architecture. Interestingly, the graphics card provides three types of output port to display consists of DVI-I, DisplayPort 1.2a and HDMI 2.0. With these ports, you can use the monitor screen up to four at once.
As a supplier of power, used 500 watt power supply with the 80 Plus Bronze certification. The power supply is capable enough to supply power to this product.
‘Good looking’ is one of the important things for a PC for gaming. This time HP ENVY not like the design using a PC for gaming in general. But that does not mean the design to appear ordinary. With a curved design on each side, the front casing using LED lights to form two parallel lines lengthwise. This LED will light and changing colors according to the ongoing activity. Interestingly, these lights can be arranged through the HP Phoenix Control applications.
In order to prove the performance of ENVY Phoenix Desktop 860-001d, we tried to run a test application that is often used. All went smoothly and gain a high score.
In addition, we also put up two weight classes represented game Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) and Mortal Kombat X. As a result, the game runs smoothly and comfortably played, as well as obtaining a high fps value.
Two of the game using the highest detail settings with a choice of Full HD resolution. Using Fraps application, GTA V is run with an average of 50.52 fps, while Mortal Kombat X is stable in the range of 59 to 61 fps.
Interestingly, while running a variety of the game is not an increase in the high temperatures of this PC. Though this PC does not use additional cooling. This is also supported by field area in the casing, and the arrangement of the components that create air circulation works well. The air vent can be found on the casing cover on the right side and all over the side of the front panel.
The front part is designed in a modern atmosphere with colorful LED lights. Optical drive device is placed in a tilted position so that adds a unique impression.
Although a PC for gaming, the inside of this product is not crowded with additional components or cooling systems. Unique position motherboard Back panel placed on the bottom side of the casing, while the port of the graphics card is located at the top. Back panel of the motherboard is placed at the bottom of the casing, while the port of the graphics card is located at the top.
HP Phoenix Control
Color on the LED light can be arranged through the front of the HP Phoenix Control application in accordance with the ongoing activity.
The combination of Intel processors with the GeForce GTX 960 Skylake able to bring the best gaming experience.
From the test results shown that the combination of processor, RAM, and graphics card, capable of producing a satisfying gaming experience to a resolution of Full HD.
Specifications : HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop 860-001d (Intel Core i7-6700, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce GTX 960 2 GB GDDR5)
- 3DMark Pro Edition – Fire Strike 6538
- 3DMark Pro Edition – Cloud Gate 23 473
- 3DMark Pro Edition – Ice Storm 154 494
- PCMark 8 Pro Edition – Home Accelerated 4311
- PCMark 8 Pro Edition – Creative Accelerated 4392
- PCMark 8 Pro Edition – Accelerated Work 3486
- SiSoft Sandra 2014 – Aggregate Arithmetic 116.67 Gops
- SiSoft Sandra 2014 – Aggregate Multimedia 302.17 Mpix / s
- SiSoft Sandra 2014 – Aggregate Memory 26.71 GB / s
- Cinebench R15 – CPU 819 cb
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R .: Call of Pripyat Benchmark (average) 164.35 fps
- Encoding Video (Expression Encoder 4 SP2) * 7 minutes 39 seconds
- Audio Encoding (Lame Front-End 1.8) * 1 min 1 sec
*Longer is better
Specifications leading edge, high-performance, LED lights on the front of the casing, support up to four monitors, PSU is 80 Plus Bronze five hundred watts.
…. thinking, maybe expensive … but, it was relatively
Full Specifications HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop 860-001d
- Intel Core i7-6700 processor (quad-core HT, 3.4 GHz, 4 GHz turbo)
- 16 GB DDR4-2133 RAM (8 GB x 2) dual channel
- Chipset Intel Z170
- Intel HD Graphics graphics card GeForce GTX 530 + 960 2 GB GDDR5
- Audio Bang & Olufsen
- Hard disk drive 2 TB 7200 RPM SATA
- Optical drive DVD-Writer
- Network Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Other connectivity Front: USB 2.0 (2), USB 3.0 (2), audio, card reader,
- DVD-Writer / Rear: Motherboard: USB 3.0 (2), USB 2.0 (4), HDMI (2),
- RJ-45, audio / graphics card: DVI-I, DisplayPort 1.2a (3), HDMI 2.0
- Power supply 500 W
- Windows 10 operating system
- The weight of 10.52 kg
- Dimensions 16.5 x 42.0 x 40.1 cm
- Warranty 1 year